Saturday, September 8, 2012

Wanted to share

As most of you know, I don't share to too much about myself on here. I keep it pretty much for book reviews, but I had mentioned awhile back my dad was found to have cancer. He isn't doing very well. To help lift his spirits and his stress my brother decided to organize a benefit. It really has given my dad a focus and to be honest the man loves being on stage...really he's a musician! Well, one of his good friends growing up was Robin. Robin Zander of CHEAP TRICK and when he found out my dad was sick he got in touch with my dad. I won't go into all the details, but Robin did some pretty special things. When he heard we were going to have a benefit for my dad, he got the band together and sent autographed t-shirts for auction. Then he set up an eBay auction for an autographed guitar. I am beyond words. I just wanted to share this with you. I know this is going to mean so much to my dad.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHEAP-TRICK-Autographed-Fender-Squier-Telecaster-Charity-Auction-/320978829291?pt=Guitar&hash=item4abbd43feb#ht_738wt_1245



1 comment:

  1. WOW! What an inspiring post. It's heart-warming to see people come together in times of trouble. Robin Zander's contribution shows his spirit - and his deed has done more than raise money. Thank you for sharing this. What a blessing. I wish the best for your dad, as well as the rest of your family.

    ReplyDelete